Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe

Back in November, Anna, Sandy and I went to Portland so they could attend the annual event, “Homespun and Holly”, at Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe. I hitched a ride with them because I was going to be helping out Anne, who was one the 4 featured teachers. Anne isn’t as pokey as I am with blogging, and posted pictures right after she got home, so check them out here.

The shop is actually located in West Linn, Oregon which is a suburb a little south of Portland. It’s run by the wonderful Jan and her funny son, Brian. They were so accommodating and made the day so much fun. If you’re ever in the area during November you really should make a point to sign up for the class. It’s an all day “make it and take it” affair and they even provide a yummy dinner for the participants.

Now I’ll just let you enjoy the shop and all its eye candy.

Let the fun begin, right Sandy and Anna?

236

238

239

240

241

242

243

244

260

They even have a HOUSE in the shop. It had just been delivered and they were still working on it so we couldn’t go in, but I think it will have lots of primitive fabric and goodies in it.

261

And check out the fancy dancy chandeliers over the cutting tables. Now THAT’S classy!

265

049

A few pictures from the class.

247

This was Anne’s project. The pattern is available on her website.

248

Here’s Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs helping out her group of students.

251

This was her little tree skirt project.

252

It was a fun event and everyone who participated really had a great time.

(Sorry, I didn’t get pictures of Terri Staats project or Karla Eisenberg’s either). Bummer! Next time.

Hugs, Anne

5 comments:

karen said...

Thanks for the great eye candy - might need to try and get there in my travels - ya right, lol.

Hugs- Mrs. Farmhouse XOXO

Me and My Stitches said...

What a great looking shop. Now I want to see what treasure came home with you!

Carrie P. said...

OH, boy I could spend hours in that shop. It is beautiful.

David said...

I am really happy to read this post about this shop. I went there two years ago and just LOVED it!!! What a shop. A quilter's heaven!!! Unfortunately, it is too far away for me as I live in France!!! But I will go back one day...

Candace said...

What a treat this must have been, Anne! Are those fabric gingerbread houses I see on the cutting table?
Cheers!