Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Construction

Once we decided to speed up the number of houses we were making, the inspiration returned to get this quilt finished!

Here's are Sandy's (no blog)



And mine...



The neighborhood is really taking shape!  I've decided that I'm going to embroider the window panes on all the windows.  I did a few of the houses this month, so will just plug along until I get them all done.   I think it really adds to the look.   Also, if you remember, I was kind of upset with myself for making so many of the windows dark.  I think that by adding the panes it gives them a bit more "life".  (We'll just pretend that the owners are sleeping).


I thought I'd throw in these last 2 pictures to keep the inspiration going...


Now,

Now, head on over to see what the rest of the contractors have been up to.  


Come back next month on the 15th for the reveal of all 12 blocks.   (Not put together tho..don't get excited!)

Toodle Loo, Anne

11 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh I love how all your houses look together but I really love that last one
beautiful
now I am sorry I didn't join in the construction zone! I should know better I always love your quilts
kathie

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Oh my, these are so cute! Wish I had joined the sew along! Will put this on my wish list when I have some free time! I love your dark touch you've put in there, widows, walls, or roofs...it all works well together! And love the panes you stitched in...it does add interest. Way to go! Can't wait to see them all put together!

Jocelyn said...

The blocks are so very cute!! I hope to be able to work on my blocks after Christmas projects are completed. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lori said...

Very nice! I love the variety of light and dark windows. The embroidery is perfect!!

merumo said...

Very nice neighborhood!

Jenny said...

I absolutely love your neighborhood! Seeing your quilt makes me realize again why I love house quilts so much! I think the colors you chose work well together and I like the added touch of the window panes. I am hand quilting a red and white schoolhouse quilt and I have quilted in the panes on the windows also. I love the look. Happy Stitching!

paulette said...

Yup...I'm loving your hood!! And I am so happy you posted the pics of the completed quilt...motivation to get going!! Ah, you are a true boss (in a good way!! :o)P

Candace said...

Great houses! I just love the homespuns! I think your window panes are perfect, Anne - some people work swing shifts and sleep during the day ;>)
Cheers!

Wonky Girl said...

Yours are looking great. Lots of inspiration from you alone.
i hope to catch up by December.

Gayle said...

How fun that each house is a little bit different than the next - what a show stopper it's going to be!

Kaaren said...

Love it, Anne!

This is definitely on my "to do" list for next year!