Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Country Homecoming walk thru

It's time for the "walk thru" with the contractor to make sure everything is ready for move in next month.

The end is in sight and I'm liking what I see so far.   All the "pretty things" are being added and what a difference that has made for me.   I can't even begin to tell you what a struggle this quilt has been. The only thing that has kept me motivated is seeing pictures of the finished quilt.  

I think all of the neighbors are at about the same point in the construction, so take a look and see their almost-finished neighborhoods. 

Here's Sandy's.   She added her borders and then did the vines so she could get a good placement of her stars.   She'll be adding the leaves and berries in the next month.  



This one is mine.   I chose not to sew the borders onto the top until after I have all the applique finished.   I'll then add the corner stars.    I don't like doing hand applique with the bulk of the whole quilt in my lap.   Just my quirkiness!  So, I'll do the side borders and then sew them on so I can get a good placement of the vines in the corners.


     
Before I send you over to the other construction sites, I wanted to let you know that we have an injured neighbor.   Jocelyn fell and broke her wrist last month and had to have surgery.   It was an especially bad break and she hasn't been able to sew AT ALL!   Can you imagine?   I'd go nutzo!   So, head on over and wish her a speedy recovery.    Take care Jocelyn!

Paulette has some fun show and tell for you so don't miss her post.  

Shazy, Patti, Carrie, Deb and Sandy R have all been busy.  

And get this...Anna has said that she is going to catch up to us in time for the Grand Finale next month!  Do you believe that? Well, stay tuned!  Move in day is February 15th!

Hugs, Anne

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy Moly! Love them and if Anna does it, she deserves a prize....I keep setting aside my homespuns so that I can do it...love the borders!!!

Anna said...

you know how construction goes...it never makes it by the date quoted at the beginning! LOL

Darlene said...

Wowzer - fabulous 'hoods!

I think Anna needs a new crew! LOL

Jocelyn said...

Anne your neighborhood is beautiful! Everyone has done such a terrific job on their neighborhoods.

Tina said...

Anna just cracks me up! And she's right - house construction never does make it my the date quoted!! LOL!!!

Cindy said...

Hi Anne. Don't you just love it when a construction site is all neat and tidy? LOL
These houses were built with such love. They look great!

Robyn said...

Beautiful Pattern what is the name?

Rouge Cerise said...

Absolutly awesome ! Love them!

Country Prims said...

Oh yes, you are both so near home now!lol!
Looking great! Hope I get caught up!
Shazy

MARCIE said...

I LOVE house quilts, and this one is darling! You always have so much going on! What fun!

Lori said...

They are looking great! I understand about appliqueing borders when the quilt is together. I'm doing that very thing right now with the Porch Quilt and I don't like it.

antique quilter said...

LOVE the quilt , as you know! oh my can't decide which house I like best....
I am so proud of you for making this quilt and sticking with it, I really should have joined in one block a month is so doable I would have been a happy home owner come Feb!
kathie

pom country said...

Houses! I love!

new jersey chiropractors said...

Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.