Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Just in time.

Nothing like waiting till the very last minute to get the May show and tell projects up on the blog.  

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.   It feels good to know this is the unofficial start to the summer season.   Our town will begin to see throngs of vacationers who will increase our summer population by as much as 20,000.  It's great for the economy, but not so great for traffic and restaurant reservations!   But, I guess it's what you live with when you're in a vacation destination community.   For those of you who are new to the blog, I live in Central Oregon in the wonderful town of Bend.  

On to the show.

Nancy finished two projects.   The first one a monthly by Buttermilk Basin. If it doesn't look like one you've seen before it's because Nancy always puts her "spin" on patterns.  Cute, huh?


She made this quilt for friends who have a black leather sofa.  Won't it look pretty?  Sorry, I don't have the pattern name.


Linda continues making blocks for her Halloween quilt by Buttermilk Basin.


Looks like Leslie is a bit camera shy, but she sure has a cute haircut.  LOL  
Again, I don't have the name of the pattern for her patriotic pillow, but she finished it just in time for the summer season. 


This one is a variation of the Row by Row runner from Sewing Seeds Quilt Shop in New Ulm, MN.   After she saw mine, she ordered the kit and did her own thing.   


Lori T is new to our Woolies group and she started her journey using Sue Spargo's stitches book.  What a great way to learn new stitches. 


It's a needle holder!


Jean  is also new to the Woolies group and check out her first projects.   I'd say she's got the wool talent for sure.   She's finished these 4 blocks in no time at all.  


They are all out of this book.  


Sue is a huge contributor to the Quilts of Valor program.  These are her two latest finishes.



Sandy managed to whip up a few finishes (again) this month.   First up is "Liberty Baskets" by Quilts by Cheri.   It's on my to do list and after seeing hers...it's moved up to the top of the list.  


This little mat is an original by Sandy.  She made 3 of them.  One for me, one for Karen, and one for herself.   Nice to have talented friends, huh?   (She also included the house and candle in the gift). Thank you Sandy.   


This wonderful quilt is called "Saltbox Sampler" by Under the Garden Moon.   I'm also working on this one but still have the borders to finish.   Love it. 


This little one was a kit she bought at Something to Crow About quilt shop in Springfield, OR.


And her last finish in May is the Indygo Junction monthly from the Folk Quilt of the Month series.  It's the one for November.  


I'm also working on the monthlies and I managed to finish up January 


And Dec. 


This next little one is #5 in the Kindred Spirits Club from the ladies at Yellowcreek Quilt Designs.  I've really enjoyed making these small quilts.   When I get them all finished, I'll take a picture of all of them together so you can see how fun they are.  


When I was in California a couple of years ago, we went to Country Loft quilt shop (which is closing soon.  Boo Hoo).   I picked up the pattern for this stitchery quilt by JoAnn Mullaly called "Joy of Christmas"


And last, but not least, here is another little "Sew Simple BOM" from Buttermilk Basin.   It's the one for July.  


So, that's it for May.   See you in June.    

Hugs, Anne

18 comments:

Janet said...

Great showcase of all the lovely finishes by you and friends...thanks so much the sharing 😊

Janet said...

Great showcase of all the lovely finishes by you and friends...thanks so much the sharing 😊

Jeanna said...

So many wonderful and inspiring finishes, Anne.

Darlene said...

Great show!! Of course they are always a great show!

Thank you for sharing every month.

Susie H said...

You girls are very inspirational! I actually finished a top ... Dresden Stars by Laundry Basket. I also finished knitting a pair of socks. Hahaha!!

paulette said...

Standing ovation to all of you!! Such inspiration! WOW!
If anyone is interested the diamond pattern is called Diamond in the Rough by Heather Mulder Peterson (only because it is sitting here waiting to be put into a binder!!:o)) It's a good one!

Loris said...

Beautiful work! And thank you, Paulette! I love that Diamond in the Rough pattern. Thought I had it but mines a little different with bigger pieces in the blocks.

Jacqueline said...

Sew many cute finishes. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Love it all and so much fun to see everyone's projects ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Karen

WoolenSails said...

I love seeing all the projects, so many fun and beautiful pieces.
I do love seeing the Cheri's baskets done up, that would be fun to do.

Debbie

Claire said...

You girls have been busy as usual. Love them all! Thanks for sharing-it was a great show. I hear you about the tourist traffic-for us it is the ferry lineups-but we keep reminding ourselves that we get to live in this beautiful place that people want to come to and we see it every day so we are lucky. Have a fun summer, Anne.

Lori said...

All of them are wonderful! I'm a big fan of Under the Garden Moon.

Joan said...

Loved your wonderful show and tell with my morning coffee! You ladies are amazing! Wonderful projects and skilled sewers & I can hardly wait for the next showing! Thank you! xoxo

Karen said...

As usual, so many amazing projects done by all your friends. I have the pattern for the Saltbox Sampler. Why haven't I done it! I think I will go now and pull it out so I will remember that I have the pattern. That would be progress.

Unknown said...

So inspiring! I better get busy!

Cathy said...

I always look forward to your show and tell. The projects you all work on are something I would love to make. Hugs

Hogan's Adventure said...

I cannot believe what all you ladies get done, oh my gosh!!!!! I prefer to sit and procrastinate!!!! They are all wonderful, and Annie the Liberty Basket one Sandy did that is by Cheri...when you make it.....THINK 2!!!!!

Lady Locust said...

They all look fabulous - okay, I will mention that I happen to adore Buttermilk Basin anything:) You folks must have a fun time getting together with so much talent.